Prior to the introduction of SAM, hand held devices had been used in conjunction with route cards, to support this strategy for the placement of orders and the management of sales territories. These devices however had become slow, unreliable and required both double handing and considerable manual intervention.
CCA determined that a new ordering process needed to be created which could provide for an efficient replacement of the current solution while providing greatly increased functionality. Some of the desired functionality included precall and objective driven account planning, market intelligence collection, sales performance measurement, asset verification, detailed customer information, promotion execution planning, suggested order processing based on accurate seasonal and historical sales data by customer, cash collecting and processing, and email communications as required.
SAM was implemented to meet CCA’s requirements and provided for a, multipurpose, mobile computer based account management and reporting solution. The system efficiently processes sales orders and collects marketing data which is used by the sales and marketing personnel to monitor market and competitor activity.
The company’s 800 strong Australia wide sales force visits between 20 and 50 customers a day and records an array of marketing information using the mobile solution. The system features a range of essential sales tools including call diary, call scheduling, customer performance and product cataloguing. The merchandising module was introduced as a self management tool allowing the capture of strategic execution data. This is in turn analysed against various strategic merchandising standards.
- The software is capable of being used on many and varied hardware platforms
- The system allows for the setting of objectives and measuring the performance against set KPI’s to drive business growth
- SAM replaces route cards with one time data entry, resulting in significant time savings
- Improved execution of merchandising standards, sales promotions and credit control
- Suggested orders are generated based on sales history and or stock on hand